As the summer is arriving and the days are getting longer and warmer, we all are required to change our lifestyles and routines to survive. The sunblock is also an essential part of our daily summer routine.
Sunblock is a cream or a paste that is applied to the skin to protect it from the damage and diseases caused by sunlight. It blocks the ultraviolet rays from harming our skin cells and also saves us from sunburns. Obviously, most of you would already know about it and use it whenever you get in contact with sunlight. But in this article, I am going to tell you the right way to apply sunblock and what things you need to avoid.
If you do not use it properly, then it causes serious skin diseases, including skin cancer. Every dermatologist suggests people apply sunblock every time they go outside as it is for their own health and safety. The sunblock will save your skin from irritation and give you young, bright, and shiny skin.
How to apply sunblock well
If you are going out in summer and the sun is shining brightly into your eyes, the first thing you need to do is to wear sunblock before leaving the shade. So here are some tips that you can follow to apply sunblock well and save yourself from any damage:
- Before opening the cap of the sunblock tube, you have to find a stick or spoon. Then you have to open the sunblock and pour it onto the spoon or stick. You can use the spoon or stick to apply the sunblock to different parts of your body that are exposed to sunlight.
- One thing you need to remember is that do not be a tightwad, always apply a thicker layer of sunblock on your skin so that it will be more effective. The minerals used in sunblocks are bigger in size which makes your sunblock look thicker, while the reality is the opposite of it. So you should always use sunblock in greater amounts.
- When it comes to applying sunblock to your face, do not use a spoon or rub it in your hands and then apply it on your face. Instead, you should squeeze it near your face and put a blob on your face. Then use your hand to spread it all over your face. Neither rub it too hard nor use an excessive amount, just be gentle.
- For the protection of your eyes and scalp, you should use sunglasses and a hat. It will also block the sunlight from damaging your face. You can also carry an umbrella. It will not allow the sunlight to hit any part of your body and will be more convenient.
- If you get into the sunlight on a daily basis, then you should apply sunblock every time. Furthermore, if you have spent more than 90 minutes in sunlight continuously, then you have to reapply the sunblock. The effect of sunblock usually finishes in 90 minutes and after that, if you still stay in sunlight then your skin will be damaged
- If you want to have the instant effect of the sunblock then you should purchase the sunblock with zinc oxide or titanium dioxide. These minerals are capable of reflecting the sunlight away from the skin without being absorbed into the skin
- Moreover, people with dry skin types should always use moisturizer after applying sunblock. Moisturizer will help you make the skin smoother. It will allow the sunblock to be absorbed into the skin more efficiently. Other than that, some sunblocks also contain alcohol which causes the skin to get dry.
I hope now you are completely aware of the importance of sunblock and ways to apply it well. So next time while applying your sunblock, remember these steps and also be attentive while choosing your next sunblock and moisturizers. Just follow this short and simple guide and enjoy your summers free from any skin disease and tension.